home

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Filming review - 8/12/15 The Interview


I filmed some interview shots on the 8th of December. I arrived at the interviewees house at around 6:30pm and we filmed for two and a half hours until 9:00pm. The overall outcome resulted in quality footage with good audio and lighting effects but there have been a few technical issues to deal with on location;

One technical issue was that the battery was low when shooting on location, having not being able to charge it up before hand. luckily, I had brought the charger and was able to charge it whilst setting up for the shoot however the battery took longer than expected to charge up and so time was wasted on shoot waiting for the battery to charge up.

Another technical issue faced when filming was setting up the lights. The poles we'd been given wouldn't screw onto the lights and so meant that they didn't have any support and weren't able to be kept up. In the end, we decided to put the lighting on the bunk bed which was in a high location however we had to be aware of the risk of the lights overheating and burning the mattress on the bed. 

Something I discovered after filming was the positioning and the talking space. The interview subjects have been placed a little too far in to the centre of the frame as I would have preferred it to be, which I didn't notice or correct when filming;



Apart from the issues faced, it was a general success and I got the right shots needed for my documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment