home

Saturday 12 December 2015

Planning - Titles typography


Due to target audience research, I have had to rethink the texts to use for my titles. The actual font itself needs to be bold and related to the theme of video games, in which limits my options down to 2 different fonts. I have re evaluated different fonts using Fontspace and discovered other various fonts to use for my titles;

 font 1 (from Super Mario bros)
 font 2 (from Minecraft)
 font 3 (from Soul Calibur)


 font 4 (from sonic adventures)

 font 5 (from Legend of Zelda)

font 6 (from Assissins Creed)

 
font 7 (from Pokemon)




Out of these fonts, the best that meets the criteria and stands out personally are fonts 3 and 5. To test whether they work with the colour schemes, I then put them into a white font against a pastel blue/pastel purple background;



After trying out these fonts matching them to the correct criteria, I believe font 3 using the purple and white colour scheme will be the best choice for the final titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment