home

Sunday 6 December 2015

Planning - Preparation for the interview


Because I am filming after school, I have arranged transport to collect the equipment I need to use to film for my documentary. I also have arranged for help to carry the equipment needed into the car and out the car as well. 

In terms of equipment, I have a backup SD card in case there wasn't enough room on the first one, as well as spare batteries for the boom mic and the battery charger for the camera in case it dies. When it comes to setting up, I will need to;

- Set up the tripod and camera
- Put the SD card in the camera
- Set up the boom mic and pole
- Put the battery in the boom mic
- Set up the props and costumes in the talking space
- Set up the lighting and make sure its secure on a tripod and in a safe location 
- Turn on the lights and adjust them to a reasonable setting 
- Plug the boom mic in to the camera
- Test the audio and lighting on the camera
- Adjust the camera with the interviewees in frame to make sure they are in focus and at a good range in terms of shots.

I also need to be sure the interviewees have the questions before hand (at least 12 hours) so they can prepare themselves time to give a well thought out response.

No comments:

Post a Comment