home

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Planning - Managing audio


To get quality audio footage for my documentary I am using a rode video mic on the end of a boom pole. In order to obtain the highest quality audio I must make sure;

- The high pass filter switch (HPF) is on;

By doing this, it will remove low unwanted frequencies that are in the background of the audio recording.

 - The microphone level has been adjusted so that the microphone can pick up the sound from a close range and that the audio isn't too loud.
- The batteries for the boom microphone are in and placed the right way.

On the camera, there is a bar in the corner in which will indicate what sound the audio is picking up;

I will use this bar to see whether the sound is being picked up by the rode mic and if so whether it is too loud.

The mic is a hand held device in which requires a second person to hold the mic whilst I will be doing the filming. In order to achieve my goal, I will be getting help from the cast when they not being interviewed so I can get the sound quality I need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment