home

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Planning - Shot list

Before going out to film at comic con, I need to plan what kind of shots I'd ideally like to get. Having researched into other documentaries about cosplay, The kind of location shots I'll need are;

- Long shot/ Extreme long shots; This shot will show groups of cosplayers from a long distance, in which in order to achieve this shot I may need to find a high location or stand at one end of the hall. I will only need two types of these shots just to give the audience an idea about the vast size of the NEC.

- Close ups; Detailed close ups of props, costumes, merchandise and stalls will be required. I'd like to get around five or six shots of these in which will give the audience more detail about comic con.

- Medium close-ups; Like with close ups, these will be detailed shots of props, costumes, merchandise and stalls just from a more distant range. I'd like to get around five of six shots from a medium close up.

- Mid shots; This shot range still gives the audience detail but also shows them more of whats in the image, in which I would like to film the stalls that sell merchandise and props from this range. I'd like the get around seven to eight different shots from a mid shot as it is a practical shot and used frequently in the other documentaries.

- Medium long shots; This shot is slightly more distant than a mid shot and shows more of what is there. I plan to use these shots when filming cosplayers and the people at comic con, in which the shot may be tracking the subject or the subject is posing to the camera. I plan to get around eight to ten different shots from a medium long shot as it is a good range to work from and was also used frequently in the other documentaries.

If I stick to this plan, I should collect enough footage for the narrative of my documentary in which shouldn't require any last minute re-shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment