home

Sunday 1 November 2015

Research - Short documentary production practice


In order to test what i've learned from my research, I have created a short 2  minute documentary about my dog;


In this documentary, I have stuck to the conventions of an expository documentary which are;

- interviews
- soundtrack/ incidental (non diegetic) music
- credits
- a range of clips relating to the documentary topic
- incidental music/ soundtrack in which may change according to the mood created by the person talking
- a variety of footage and interview material which is assembled to support the topic case.
- interview shots from either a mid shot, a medium long shot or medium close up.

I have also used other editing techniques I have picked up from my research, including use of slow motion and fading in and out of the clips. These are very basic editing techniques but work effectively with the documentary topic.

The incidental music I have selected is uplifting and cheerful which reflects on the mood being created by the interviewee, in which she is expressing positive thoughts about owning a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment